Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beautiful Filth

Sometimes when I'm walking around I notice the dirt and the grime, the cracks and stains, the rust and the just plain odd. And, I think it all has it's own unique charm. Here are some examples of Covington's charm, up close and personal. This is not meant to showcase anything bad, just a different way of thinking about it. This is a more abstract post, so think outside the box.

 P.S. If you think you have a guess about what or where something is (or have no idea and would like to know), leave a comment! (Hint: I was in the Seminary Square/Westside neighborhoods for most, and a few are from around my house.)


The rusted bottom of our fire pit.

A brick from my house.

Another brick.

And one more brick.

The lint vent from our dryer.

A close up of my upstairs wood floor.

A plant in my room.

Scum draining down a pillar in the 8th St. railroad underpass.

An upside down view of the 8th St. underpass.

A chunk missing from the underpass.

Some more stuff along the wall of the underpass.

Rusty spots on a sign for a parking lot.

Ok, not really filthy, but still cool.

Close up of a stone wall outside a house on Russell St.

Bark.

Close up of some ivy.

The empty shell of a pay phone.

Rusty staples on a telephone pole.

Rusted sign post.

Telephone pole.

Cracking asphalt.

Broken glass.

Brick dust on the sidewalk.

Another close up of a stone wall.

Peeling paint on a brick house.

Dry mud along Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

More bark.

A stain on the sidewalk.

Oil stains in the street.

Cracked sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts and insights, but let's keep it civil! I will delete any comments I determine to be ignorant and insulting.