Monday, July 8, 2013

Silent Sentinels Part 1

Ever walk past a building and feel like it was watching you? Well, me neither, but, there are often eyes watching you even if you don't notice. This series of posts will focus on the silent sentinels throughout Covington that watch over our streets. These are the statues, the gargoyles, the unique pieces of architectural decoration and art that have been given human and animal features.

New posts in this series will be coming over the next few weeks!

I will not include the locations of these photos just yet, but expect the answers to be provided in time!

Please feel free to let me know about any of these sentinels that you know of. I have a list that I have created based on my own travels and observations, but, I'm sure there are plenty that I have missed!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts and insights, but let's keep it civil! I will delete any comments I determine to be ignorant and insulting.