Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Taste of My Heritage

This is just a sampling of some of the Italian delicacies that I have grown up eating. Try not to drool on your screen as you take in the sights!

An Italian Easter pie we call Pastieri. It is a barley custard filling with citrus in the filling and crust. It is rich, creamy, and perfectly balanced when done right (which it definitely was this year!).

Bread. Enough said.

Tomato Pie. Not to be confused with pizza (Which we do make! That will be a post for the future.).

Tomatoes with basil, garlic, and olive oil. Simple and delicious. You can't be Italian and not eat tomatoes. 

A fresh romaine salad, grapes, pepperoni (in the background), and roasted red peppers in oil. I'll let the photo do the talking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts and insights, but let's keep it civil! I will delete any comments I determine to be ignorant and insulting.